“Star Wars: The Force Awakens” opens today and I am more than excited. Last weekend, I watched all of the previous movies (five in one day and the sixth on the next day) and am ready to be amazed and more importantly have some of my questions answered. Here are my hopes, questions and thoughts about what’s to come in Episode VII.
- I hope Hans and Leia got married. I really hope that the continuation of the saga keeps them together through all these years.
- I hope that C3PO and R2-D2 still have memory of everything that has happened thus far. R2-D2 is the only one that has full memory of all of the happenings since Episode I, since C3PO’s memory was wiped at the end of Episode III. I would love to read a story told from R2-D2’s point a view. He knew before anyone else that Anakin was bad.
- My first hope was that Finn is related to Lando, but I couldn’t figure how that would factor into the story. It would be nice of Hans to be looking after his buddy’s son, but that doesn’t seem much of a link. Plus, we don’t know what happened to Lando and for some reason, I don’t expect to get that answer, especially since Billy Dee Williams is not in this movie. Then I was thinking that it would be cool if he was Mace Windu’s son, but since jedi are not supposed to fall in love and marry, the likelihood of this being true are slim. Finn does look a lot like Captain Panaka from Episode I. I can’t remember if he was in Episode II or not. Oh, you can’t remember Captain Panaka? It’s this guy. Remember him now?
- I’m hoping that Leia is a jedi in this movie and that no one really knows about it. I’m also hoping that Rey is her daughter and is a jedi too. How cool would that be?!
- I’d like to know how old Chewbacca is. He’s got to be at least 800 years old. Yoda died at 900 years old and Chewbacca appears with him in Episode III.
- I’m pretty sure Luke went over to the dark side. He was wearing black at the end of Episode VI and there are a ton of similarities between he and Anakin that were readily apparent while watching the movies in one sitting.
- How in the hell is the Millenium Falcon still flying?! Oh, and how did Han get it back from Lando?
I’m going to see the movie on Friday at 4:10. I can’t wait!!!!!